Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Kalymnos: last April


Athens (above) & Kalymnos (following photos below)


07-31-19: Imagine my surprise the other day when I sat down to craft some thoughts about my fire assignment earlier this month and discovered I hadn’t posted anything about our trip to Greece, especially the days we spent on Kalymnos (eastern Aegean just off west coast of Turkey).


Our sojourn started in early April, with a couple of nights (1-full day) in Athens. Truly living archeology & western heritage there (from “we’ll ambush at the pass” to “let’s just clear cut the forest”). Kalymnos is a well known world class sport climbing destination. Many climbers come for weeks/months at a time (and from all over the world). Of course the Polish climber I met that knew about New Mexico learned about it from the TV series "Breaking Bad." I told him that it isn't all like that, and that we have history too, like "Billy the Kid"...


April 4 through 18 Facebook posts have plenty of photos. I’ll put a couple here.
I’ll try to get back and add some memories: MAYBE!


The one thing that both Meme & I agree upon about this trip: we’d like to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment